Welcome to the middle of October!
Yes, we are in crisis in America and if you’re reading this, you’re probably one of those who is awake to that reality. Please know that amid the urgency we feel regarding our current situation, we can move forward in confidence. Why? Because we know the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is with us, for us, and will never leave us. May we do His bidding with joy and trust Him implicitly. There is nothing greater nor more powerful than our God.
As always, please ask the Lord who He might like you to ask to join us. Please have them go to www.actionpartners.org to be a part of the solution. Push that “forward” button today, with that same confidence and joy. God bless you!
1. WRITE A THANK YOU TO PASTOR GARY HAMRICK OF CORNERSTONE CHAPEL - Over the past few months Loudoun County, Virginia has remained in the news. It started with Tanner Cross. Now it is the issue of school boards. To some degree, this is what happens when pastors are bold in the pulpit. Their church becomes emboldened to STAND. Pastor Gary Hamrick of Cornerstone Chapel is one of those pastors. He’s pastor to Tanner Cross. And he’s faced backlash over his strong stance for Biblical truth in the public square. This week, would you send a note to Pastor Hamrick thanking him for being bold for the Lord? He will also be hosting our stop on the Kirk Cameron American Campfire Revival Tour October 24. If you’re nearby, please let us know if you’d like to be a part of this event by emailing us at email@example.com.
Pastor Gary Hamrick Cornerstone Chapel 650 Battlefield Parkway SE Leesburg, VA 20175 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. VACCINE MANDATES AT SOUTHWEST AND AMERICAN AIRLINES - Even though President Biden’s announced directive, that any corporation employing 100 or more employees must mandate vaccines, has not taken effect, many corporations have already started firing those who don’t comply. Recently in a case against United Airlines by their employees, a judge ordered United Airlines not to put workers seeking an exception on unpaid leave. The ability to travel is central to many in this nation so this issue is critical. Many believe the 1800+ flights cancelled by Southwest over the weekend were caused by employees calling in “sick” to protest the mandates. Southwest denies this and blames the FCC and weather. Governor Greg Abbott of Texas has issued a no-mandate policy for Texas. The airlines say they will disregard the Governor’s directive and honor the federal directive. Please write these airlines to share your concern over the vaccine mandates. You can read more about this in this week’s Intersect news.
Southwest Airlines P.O. Box 36647-1CR Dallas, Texas 75235 Public relations: 214-792-4847 Email: Southwest Airlines (You do not have to enter flight information.)
American Airlines Customer Relations 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd. Phoenix, AZ 85034 Customer Service: 682-278-9000 x 3 Email: American Airlines Customer Relations
3. MAKE GOOD USE YOUR GOD-GIVEN GIFTS - The Action Partner Community is all about giving opportunities to people to use their gifts and callings for the Lord. Please let us know what your gifts are so that we may intersect opportunities for you to use them. This is certainly not an inclusive list so please just share “you”. Here are some examples of gifts that God might give. Prayer, copy editing, evangelizing, data work, graphics, promoting, networking, uniting people together, organizing, researching, supporting others, writing, gathering teams together, attending events- are all possibilities. It may be something other than those listed. If you are gifted in a certain area and want to use that gift to serve Him through this ministry, please let us know by writing to us at email@example.com. There is no need to fear over commitment or how much time you might have to give or what you might be asked to do. We are here to provide you with tools to use as you desire.
4. FAST AND PRAY OVER THE BORDER CRISIS - We have quite a humanitarian disaster happening at the border with so many illegal immigrants crossing over and being moved across the nation. New documents have been leaked indicating the massive number of those intentionally disbursed into the nation, and the tens of thousands coming across without being processed. In the meantime, approximately $100 million worth of steel has been found discarded and rusting at the border. Yes, $100 million of our hard-earned money is wasting away. Pray with us fervently that the Lord intervenes by revealing the truth and waking Americans up in this area.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA or EMAIL SHARE OF THE WEEK - Please post this picture on your social media or in an email, along with this message: “I am part of an army of believers making an impact in our society as we STAND for God in America. Join us here: www.actionpartners.org”
1. PRAY FOR PARENTS TAKING ACTION - In Loudoun County, VA this week, an angry father protested to the school board over his 9th grade daughter being sexually assaulted by a boy, in a skirt, in the girl’s bathroom at the school. He was forcibly taken out of the meeting by police after one of them pulled on his sleeve and he pulled back. He was tackled, handcuffed, and charged. Pray parents are willing to STAND for truth. Pray the school board meetings remain civil and respectful. Pray against ungodly CRT curriculum and other indoctrination and perversion being taught.
2. PRAY ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES - Right now we have cargo ships off both coasts of America just sitting in the ocean. There are not enough people to unload at the ports, not enough truck drivers to drive the merchandise across the nation, not enough workers to make this happen. President Biden met with a few major companies on Wednesday to ask them to start running 24/7 to overcome the backlog. Let’s pray they can find workers. This backup is driving prices of goods up dramatically. The abysmal September jobs report indicated there was only 61% labor participation. That means that even though there are jobs available, people aren’t going back to work. Pray for Americans to get back to work and the supply chain problems to end. Governor Ron DeSantis, R, Florida, has now invited cargo ships to enter through Florida's ports.
3. PRAY FOR THE SUPREME COURT AS IT CONSIDERS SEVERAL PRO-LIFE ISSUES - On Tuesday, the Supreme Court heard arguments regarding the Kentucky Attorney General’s right to defend their pro-life law currently in the courts. There is indication that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the Attorney General. On December 1, SCOTUS will hear the abortion case from Mississippi which could overturn Roe v. Wade. Please be in prayer that the Court will rule in favor of protecting life.
4. PRAY FOR THE STATE DEPARTMENT TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE - There are stories that can sometimes be missed but are still important. Here is one of them- the Biden Administration ignoring Pentagon concerns and purchasing surveillance equipment from China. Our State Department also worked against the exit of Americans and American friendlies in Afghanistan. Please pray that any clandestine activities would be exposed.
5. ASK THE LORD IF HE WANTS YOU IN ACTION PARTNER LEADERSHIP - We are consistently praying for the Lord to raise up leaders in our Action Partner community. This is a community working together. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about what roles we provide. None of them are designed to overwhelm anyone and all are flexible. Thank you for praying and being obedient to whatever the Lord instructs.
1. PRAISE GOD FOR 2021 BEING A BANNER YEAR FOR PRO-LIFE LEGISLATION - So far in 2021, there have been 106 pro-life laws passed in our states. This is an amazing feat that we can praise God for bringing to fruition through those Christians who have stood for Him in America. Christians who stand for life, family, religious freedom, and taking care of the needy in a way that is biblical do make a difference. YOU make a difference! God works through us and how grateful we can be for just that! Please read more about these 106 in the Daily Citizen.
2. PRAISE GOD FOR COURAGEOUS PASTORS IN OHIO - We will always celebrate biblically sound pastors who become engaged in the public square. It’s especially great when pastors from all different churches come together to stand for God. This happened recently in Ohio when 101 clergy members united to send a letter to President Biden protesting his vaccine mandate. You can read about it here.
3. PRAISE GOD FOR CHRISTIANS IN WASHINGTON, D.C. - Senator James Lankford says God is not done with the United States of America. He comments that we sometimes compare the US to Sodom and Gomorrah. However, he notes, with Sodom and Gomorrah, God pulled His people out. He’s not doing that. He’s sending His people into D.C. It's a solid point. Please be blessed and encouraged by this article.
4. PRAISE GOD FOR SCHOOL BOARDS PUSHING BACK - Last week we highlighted that the Department of Justice, Attorney General Merrick Garland, interjected the FBI into school board meetings as though parents who protest issues of shared bathrooms, CRT, mask mandates, etc., are “domestic terrorists”. Praise God that school board associations have decided to stand against the involvement of the FBI in their matters. Also praise God for individuals working hard against the tide of false information- such as this mom who is an attorney in Minnesota. She is standing for truth.
5. ACTION PARTNER SPOTLIGHT - As pictured above, meet Action Partner Katie Dempsey. Katie is an amazing woman who works hard at everything she does. She’s part of the Action Partner Community in North Carolina and we are so blessed to have her on our team. Here’s what she has to say:
“As a busy working mom, I don't always have time to read the headlines or watch the news. The Friday Five emails provide an easy way to stay up to date on key faith-related stories and give my family very tangible ways to pray, praise, and serve each week.” – Katie
May the Lord bless your time of worship this weekend. God reigns! Peace and joy are ours regardless of our circumstances.
ONE MORE THING - On this coming Monday’s prayer calls we have as guest Pastor Ralph Rebandt who is a candidate for Governor in Michigan in 2022. He will be speaking on how the Lord called him to run for office. Please join us! If you do not yet receive our Monday morning email invitation, you may sign up here: www.myfaithvotes.org/unitedwepray.
Lord bless you. Have a great weekend!
Laurel Brooks National Director of Engagement